Saturday, September 20, 2008

Guiltless Gluttony


I am always working on the equation for the inverse relationship to my greed. Basically, I am trying to crack the code for maximising the amount of delicious food I eat while minimising the feelings of guilt that follows.
So in search of mathematical genius, I took it upon myself today to have vietnamese fresh spring rolls for lunch. Being the non-deep fried variety and filled chock full of veggies, I figured that this was as healthy a lunch as I could get without eating something that tastes like cardboard.
Fumbling through my fridge, I pulled out fresh mint, thai basil, baby cos, bean sprouts and some rice vermicelli. Unable to find any protein (we were out of chicken breast which I normally poach to include in this), I resorted to the good ol' crab sticks (which really aren't crab at all... hey, I was desperate). I then whipped up a sauce of hoisin sauce, fish sauce, freshly squeezed lime juice, chopped chillis, chopped mint and roasted crushed peanuts.
Munching one of these delicious morsels over lunch, I pondered on whether I had finally cracked the code of guiltless gluttony... and then proceeded to devour another nine... just to be sure.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP