Sunday, November 1, 2009

Flippin Good


I'll just come out and say it - I love Flipside burgers. Ever since having discovered the tiny gourmet burger joint in Fremantle over 3 years ago, M and I have visited this brilliant spot over and over again for their uber tasty burgers and their to die for chunky chips.

It actually is quite surprising that I haven't blogged about this not so secret gem of a place given that its one thing that I always seem to have a craving for and one that always hits the spot.

Since then - Flipside has expanded and started a new spot in yet another leafy Perth suburb of Wembley. Same burgers (although I must admit the Freo joint constructs their burgers better), same char grilled goodness and the same happiness that it brings me everytime I visit. To top things off, both locations are now strategically situated beside very cool bars (Mrs Brown in Freo and the Stanley in Wembley) where you can order a drink and have your burger delivered to you to enjoy in very cool digs.

My personal favourite is the Blue Train (char grilled 95% fat free beef patty topped with lettuce, tomato and garnished a generous crumbling of blue cheese sandwiched between fantastic homemade buns) with the addition of crispy bacon. Be sure to order a side of generously cut crunchy on the outside, fluffy on the inside, chunky chips. Wash it down with an ice cold beer from the bar next door - and you're in burger heaven... flippin fantastic.

Flipside Burger Bar
http://www.flipsideburgerbar.com.au/

Flipside Burger Bar on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

Anonymous October 8, 2010 at 7:59 AM  

have you been to Bilby's in claremont on davies road? a small burger joint you might like it =)

Foodographer November 30, 2010 at 10:38 PM  

Thanks for the reco - yes, M and I are burger junkies and have tried bilby's before. Lovely spot as well!

  © Blogger template Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP