Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Melbourne Bites #2 - Addicted to Rice



I’m not ashamed to say it. I am addicted to rice. Rice that is cooked perfectly for me trumps every other food craving I ever have. There’s something heart-warmingly familiar about a bowl of rice that comes from being the common thread in all meals I’ve had since I was a toddler. First Taste of Soup restaurant in Footscray serves kick ass rice – firm to bite quality Jasmine rice grains slowly cooked in earthen claypots to reveal a deliciously golden brown crust. The rice is the star here but a wide variety of toppings (we tasted the black bean pork ribs and pickled vegetable steamed pork patty) are a great accompaniment. Choose from a wide range of herbal double boiled soups with your meal – and you just might check yourself straight into Rehab for Rice.

First Taste of Soup
104 Hopkins Street, Footscray
Melbourne

1 comments:

teenuts September 30, 2008 at 3:52 PM  

AD...after reading all of your blogs ( I mean it - I have read ALL of them, seriously) I must say that I am DEEPLY impressed by the foodographer and am officially marking this website on my 'fav' tab. I will pass this to others so that more of the world will enjoy your rambles and travels. Great words as well as pics.

  © Blogger template Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP